Welcome to the Agreement on Terms and Conditions of ExpatFairs.com (“Expat Fairs”). This Agreement describes the terms and conditions that govern the use of our services at http://www.Expat Fairs.com (the “Web Site”).
- ELIGIBILITY1.1 Our services are available only to vendors who satisfy all of the following:
(a) Persons acting as retail or wholesale vendors of goods in Singapore;
(b) are not publicly listed or traded entities;
(c) Individuals who can form legally binding contracts under Singapore law;
(d) Individuals 18 years of age and above; and
(e) Vendors must participate in a minimum of two fairs or open houses (as defined in our About Us and as per calendar year in Singapore;
provided always that our services are not available to those who have received a notice of termination under paragraph 6.1.
1.2 Services are also available to fair organisers located within Singapore.
1.3 Expat Fairs reserves the right to reject any application for registration in our sole discretion without the need to provide any justification or reason for such rejection.
- SERVICES2.1 Expat Fairs is a web directory which lists vendors and fairs/open houses in Singapore. A complete list of services and the applicable charges (the ‘Fee Schedule’) is available on request. The key services provided by us are:
(a) Web listing of contact details (includes contact name, phone and e-mail of vendor. The business logo is the only image listed);
(b) Homepage (includes contact details as above, logo, blurb (no more than 100 words) and images (up to 5 images within the confines of the template);
(c) Newsletter advertisements;
(d) Classified advertisements; and Link advertisements.
2.2 Expat Fairs may in its sole discretion change or terminate some or all of our services at any time.
- FEES3.1 -The Fee Schedule is available upon request and once forwarded to a vendor (or prospective vendor) is deemed incorporated in full into this Agreement.
3.2 Expat Fairs reserves the right to amend the Fee Schedule applicable to our services from time to time. Any changes to such policy will be effective upon 7 days・notice to the vendor, unless otherwise advised.
3.3 Registered vendors who have paid subscriptions in advance for a specific period will not be affected by any change in the Fee Schedule for the relevant subscription they have paid for until the end of the pre-paid period, in which case the applicable fees as amended will apply to any renewal.
3.4 Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Singapore Dollars (S$).
3.5 All taxes applicable to the provision of the services, including withholding or any goods and services or value added taxes, shall be added to invoice to the vendors and shall be in addition to the fees quoted in the Fee Schedule.
3.6 The vendors are responsible for paying all fees associated with using our services and the Web Site in advance. Expat Fairs will not provide any service to a vendor, or renew any existing service, until payment had been received in full (in cleared funds) for the relevant service subscribed.
3.7 No invoices will be issued in advance in relation to subscriptions due or the renewal of subscriptions. An electronic receipt will be sent by e-mail to the address given during the registration process for amounts received.
- TRANSITIONFees for subscription to Expat Fairs and the provisions of the services are payable as from 1 January 2005 in accordance with the Fee Schedule. Any vendor registrations, links, Vendor Information or other details for a vendor appearing on the Web Site before 1 January 2005 will be removed and deleted should payment for the relevant services not be received before 1 January 2005.
- CONTENT OF MEMBER REGISTRATIONS5.1 In order to construct a Member listing and registration, Expat Fairs will require certain vendor/fair organizer information and content as notified to the vendor/fair organizer. The term ‘Member Information’ as used in this Agreement shall mean any information provided by a registered member to Expat Fairs in the registration or subsequent updating process, including the descriptions of products for sale and prices on the Web Site as well as any content such member posts on other web pages within our Web Site.
5.2 All Member Information supplied must comply with the requirements specified by Expat Fairs in our Before You Start in all respects. The Member is solely responsible for the Member Information, and Expat Fairs acts as a passive conduit only for the online distribution and publication of the Member Information.
5.3 The actual content of any vendor/fair listing as appearing on the Web Site is subject to the final discretion of Expat Fairs in all respects, including in terms of length, grammar, composition, applicability and other relevant factors. We will consult with each registered member for comments on a listing, but reserve the right not to adopt any comments in our sole discretion. If the member disagrees with any amendment by Expat Fairs to the Member Information as appearing on the Web Site it may terminate this Agreement in accordance paragraph 6.3. Members may edit the information listed under their registration; however the final content is subject to change at the discretion of Expat Fairs.
5.4 Member Information supplied to Expat Fairs must not be: false, inaccurate or misleading, fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, be defamatory, trade libelous, be obscene, contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programs that may damage, modify, delete, interfere with, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information, or create any liability for Expat Fairs or its Related Parties or cause it to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other vendors.
5.5 Any links provided by a member must not link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that are prohibited under this Agreement or that the vendor does not have a right to link to or include.
5.6 A member will not take any action or submit any Member Information that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- TERMINATION6.1 Expat Fairs may terminate one or all of our services (including closure of the Web Site) upon 1 months・notice to the members. In case of such termination the sole remedy of a registered member will be payment of the pro-rata balance (based on normal rates) of any subscriptions pre-paid in relation to that service. Costs of web design and other one-off charges will not be repaid.
6.2 Without prejudice to any other remedy that Expat Fairs may have, in equity or under this Agreement, Expat Fairs may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate the registration of any member, refuse to provide our services to a member and remove any related Member Information from the Web Site in any of the following circumstances:
(a) If evidence is provided to Expat Fairs that a serious infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights has occurred;
(b) If a member in its communications and dealings with Expat Fairs has acted inappropriately or threateningly; and
(d) A member ceases to be an eligible vendor as defined in paragraph 1.1;
(e) Expat Fairs believes that a member’s actions may cause legal liability for that vendor, our users or us or our Related Parties; or
(f) If a member has engaged in fraudulent activity.
In the case of termination under this paragraph, Expat Fairs may in its sole discretion refund any pro-rate balance of subscriptions (based on normal rates) paid for the terminated service but shall be under no obligation to.
6.3 A member may only terminate services subscribed for within 7 days of the relevant amendment as described in paragraphs 5.3 or 15 or within 7 days of the end of any continuous 30 day period of any materially impaired or failed service as described in paragraph 10.2, in all such cases the sole remedy of a registered vendor will be payment of the pro-rata balance of any subscriptions pre-paid in relation to the services terminated. In any other case of termination by a vendor the vendor will not be entitled to any subscription [or one-off]amounts prepaid or paid, as the case may be.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY7.1 To enable Expat Fairs to use the Member Information in relation to the supply of the services, each member hereby grants to Expat Fairs a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights it has in the Member Information, in any media.
7.2 The design of and information contained on the Web Site is proprietary to Expat Fairs, unless the subject of a license to Expat Fairs from a member under paragraph 7.1. No party, including registered members, may copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for a vendor’s own Vendor Information) from the Web Site without the prior written permission of Expat Fairs or the relevant member.
7.3 Expat Fairs will not make any independent enquiries or investigations concerning the Member Information to ascertain whether listed items infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties. Any third parties who believe that their rights are being infringed may report the circumstances of such infringement to Expat Fairs. If Expat Fairs receives any written notice of any infringement of third party rights, we may in our sole discretion, and without obligation or liability, notify the affected registered vendor of the claim.
- EFFECTIVE DATEThis Agreement is effective as of the date of a vendor’s registration as appearing in Expat Fairs’ records.
- NO WARRANTY10.1 Expat Fairs provides the Web Site and our services on an “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. To the extent permitted by law, we specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
10.2 Expat Fairs do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, nor of the operation of our Web Site both of which may be interfered with by numerous factors outside our control. Our liability to any registered vendor in case of an interruption or breach of security in our Web Site and in the provision of our services shall be limited as set out in paragraph 11. Our liability for any continuously materially impaired or failed services shall be limited as set out in paragraph 6.3.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY11.1 The liability of Expat Fairs and any of its owners, shareholders, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees (each a “Related Party”) to any registered member in any circumstances whatsoever is limited to (at the choice of Expat Fairs):
(a) The supply of the services again; or
(b) pro-rata refund of the balance of any pre-paid subscription fees (based on normal rates) for the affected service(s).
11.2 The aggregate maximum liability of Expat Fairs and any of its Related Parties to any third party, if any, in any circumstances is S$100.
11.3 Under no circumstances will Expat Fairs or its Related Parties be liable to any registered members or third parties for loss of profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Web Site, our services or this Agreement.
11.4 Neither Expat Fairs nor its Related Parties have any responsibility (to any third party or otherwise) for the legality of a registered member’s activities or representations.
11.5 Notwithstanding the above provisions, nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit or exclude any liability on the part of Expat Fairs and its Related Parties where and to the extent that applicable law prohibits such exclusion or limitation.
- INDEMNITYEach member herby indemnifies and holds Expat Fairs and each of its Related Parties harmless from and against any claims, demands, proceedings, losses and damages (actual, special and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including reasonable solicitors’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of such vendor’s breach of this Agreement or the terms and policies it incorporates by reference, or that vendor’s violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- LEGAL COMPLIANCEEach member shall comply with all applicable domestic (including common law) and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding use of our services or Web Site. Each member alone, and not Expat Fairs, are responsible for ensuring that their activities are lawful and comply with all applicable laws.
- TRANSFER14.1 No Expat Fairs registrations, account details and [User ID] may be transferred or sold to another party without the prior written consent of Expat Fairs, which may be withheld in our discretion.
14.2 Each member agrees that this Agreement and the vendor registration (including the licence granted for any Vendor Information under paragraph 7.1) may be automatically assigned by Expat Fairs, in our sole discretion, to a third party in the event of a merger or acquisition of the business of Expat Fairs.
- AMENDMENTSExpat Fairs may amend the terms of this Agreement from time to time at our sole discretion by posting the amended terms on the Web Site in the Members Area Save as expressly stated in relation to amendments concerning Fees, all amended terms shall be effective 7 days after posting on the Web Site. If a member does not agree with any amendments which affect the services provided to it, it may terminate its registration in accordance with the terms set out at paragraph 6.3.
- NO AGENCYEach member and Expat Fairs are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchise relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- NOTICESExcept as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices under this Agreement, if to Expat Fairs should be sent by registered post to Expat Fairs.Com at PO Box 052, Singapore 912802, and if to a registered member to the email address provided to Expat Fairs during the registration process.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES18.1 This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
18.2 Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be settled amicably through mutual consultation and, failing a settlement within 90 days from one party advising the other that a dispute has arisen, either party may refer the matter to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre for arbitration in accordance with its rules. The costs of the dispute shall be borne by the originator.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS1 9.1 The following documents are incorporated into this Agreement by reference, and each member hereby agrees to be bound by the terms and policies outlined in these documents. Any changes to the policies set out below will be posted in the Members Area and will be effective within 7 days unless otherwise advised:
(b) Our Advertising Policy is available
- MISCELLANEOUS20.1 If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal or unenforceable, the enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected.
20.2 This Agreement together with any documents, web pages or other terms referred to herein contains the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written).
20.3 Any waiver of any breach of this Agreement shall not be deemed to apply to any succeeding breach of the provision or of any other provision of this Agreement.
20.4 No failure to exercise and no delay in exercising on the part of Expat Fairs any right, power or privilege hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
20.5 Unless otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, a person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001 to enforce this Agreement.
20.6 Paragraphs 7.1, 12, 13 and 18 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
20.7 A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Singapore Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act Cap 53B or similar legislation in any jurisdiction (collectively the “Acts”) to enforce any term of this Agreement, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from the Acts.